Performing Operations in GitLab
Keep your GitLab instance up and running smoothly.
- Clean up Redis sessions: Prior to GitLab 7.3, user sessions did not automatically expire from Redis. If you have been running a large GitLab server (thousands of users) since before GitLab 7.3 we recommend cleaning up stale sessions to compact the Redis database after you upgrade to GitLab 7.3.
- Moving repositories: Moving all repositories managed by GitLab to another file system or another server.
- Sidekiq job throttling: Throttle Sidekiq queues that to prioritize important jobs.
- Sidekiq MemoryKiller: Configure Sidekiq MemoryKiller to restart Sidekiq.
- Unicorn: Understand Unicorn and unicorn-worker-killer.
- Speed up SSH operations: Authorize SSH users via a fast, indexed lookup to the GitLab database.